Monday, September 8, 2008

A greek tavern named " Marina "


The latest weekend was exausted! Guests everyday and sometimes twice a day!!!

FRIDAY:
After housecleaning allday long, I prepared a dinner for sixteen people. I cooked "fisherman's spaghetti", cheese pie, stuffed peppers with feta cheese and greek salad. Fruits for dessert.

SATURDAY:
Lunch for six with roasted fishes, greek salad and boiled herbs.
Although I was invited to a birthday party I had to cook something for my teenage daughter and her friends. She didn't want to come with us. So I made three pizzas.

SUNDAY:
I recleaned the house and prepared a dinner for eight people. I cooked snails with onions, spaghetti "carbonare", roasted meatballs, greek salad and small cheese cakes. The dessert was chocolate cake!!!!



When everybody had gone I sat down with my feet up on a chair! I was really tired. Then my hubby had a..."brilliant" idea:
"Lets call our house 'Marina's tavern'. After all what's the difference between us and a real tavern?"
"The money" I said. " You spend in the first, you earn in the other!!!" We're still laughing...


10 comments:

antigoni said...

Maybe you are very tired, but you gave joy to so many people with your cooking. We really enjoyed the food and the company.

Maria said...

Oh Marina, it is so incredible what you did! It is so much work! Sure you were tired afterwards!
But I know that my husband's sister who is married in Saloniki also tells about such marathons on holidays or celebrations. You are a very good and efficient and great woman! :)
I AM a little vain, so please tell me which photo is the one thats better, with or without the dog?
Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Indeed :-))

Maria said...

Thank you, Marina! :)

Maria said...

Oh yes, Marina, that's funny!
But I think that you get to know somebody quite well through blogging. Because nobody must pretend something, I think. If you don't want to visit a site or write a comment, you let it be. If you want to, you do it when you feel at ease and without a hurry. You can show or hide what you like and therefore you do not cheat about yourself. I love it very much!
And: I often have some free minutes in between and can write some words!
Have a nice day!!! :)

DeniseinVA said...

Wow, I am impressed cooking for so many people. You must have been exhausted! Knowing the happiness people experience not only by eating your food, but being made welcome and shown such hospitality must be very rewarding :)))

ayamlin said...

Hi marina!
there were a lot of customers at your house last week!
I wanna eat "fisherman's spaghetti", cheese pie that you made!! Oh! it would be really goooood! it's easy to imagine it!!
by the way this picture is cute.
What is this?

Tamara Jansen said...

Wow! What a busy weekend :) Some of those recipe's you mentioned sound wonderful.....is there a cookbook in your future?

Cláudia said...

Marina I would like to be at your tavern. I would love the food and the company for sure! Please, could you send the recipes for me?
my e-mail: claudia_drb@yahoo.com.br
Maybe you can post them, have you thought about? A food blog, too! I am interested in your greek salada!

xoxoxo

Cláudia said...

Thank you for the recipe and also for the actual meaning of calliandra. Sometimes reserchs which we did in the web didn't show exactly what it is, I found that result. I am looking forward your greek pizza!