Monday, January 12, 2009

MY WORLD TUESDAY: The first days of the New Year - Part Two...

The Trip to Zagoroxoria.

It was early in the morning on 2nd of Jenuar
y when our trip started.
My girls had a sleepy look because they had gone to bed late the previous night.
That's why they fell asleep during the trip after they studied the map and relized that we had to drive for 470km.



It was raining all the way long and when it stopped for some minutes we saw a beautiful rainbow.


We passed through the bridge of Rio...


mountains...


and champaigns.


Finally we arrived at Ioannina.
It's a big city at the roots of the Pindos mountain,
with a big lake and a small island in it.
In front of us, up there at that snowy aiguilles were the villages of Zagori or Zagoroxoria as we use to say them.


We would be staying at one of those villages, in a traditional house, among the snow.

We had an extraordinary lunch and then we continued our way up to the mountain.
It was already dark when we arrived at the Tsepelovo village and we couldn't see much. What we saw in the day light the next day made us stay stumped...


TO BE CONTINUED...


Visit the world of the...world at




18 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful! Great photos! Looks like a fantastic trip! Thanks for sharing! Have a good week!

EG CameraGirl said...

You have smart kids to sleep during a rainy drive. I hope they woke up happy for their yummy meal and also caught some of the lovely sights along the way, though. ;-)

antigoni said...

Excellent post sis. I can't wait to see more....

Anonymous said...

Great road trip so far, so much to see and enjoy. I will keep on tuning in for the continuation.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marina: I am awaiting the views from this trip.

Tamara Jansen said...

What a gorgeous trip. Sorry about the rain, though :(

Jane Hards Photography said...

Fun trip and great images. If only we had some sun,

Unknown said...

Now that looks like a fun adventure, and lots of scenery and landscape to travel through. The bridge looks very interesting, and I am assuming also high.

Janie said...

Thanks for sharing your travels. You had some lovely views and a beautiful rainbow. Nice photos.

Arija said...

It looks and sounds like a great trip.

Gaelyn said...

I'm loving this trip and hope the girls did too. How lucky to see a rainbow and that's a cool bridge too. So next you're heading into snowy mountains. Don't get stuck.

Look forward to next week.

Maria Verivaki said...

i'm looking forward to the continuation!

larkswing said...

You've got my curiosity for the rest of the trip. I had not thought of it, but my first thoughts when someone mentions Greece is hillsides along water.

Will be back for more . . .

Reader Wil said...

Thank you for taking us on a trip in your beautiful world.

Anette said...

How lucky you were going on a trip as the new year started! You know how to keep the excitement up! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Maria said...

Hehe, when your hubby stops smoking, be sure to buy double amount of food ;(
That's my (sad) experience, but I don't mind anymore! You are more hungrey, the food tastes even better, well, and you put on some weight. However - everyone has different experiences... Good luck to your hubby!

Maria said...

What a beautiful trip, it looks so great to see snow on Greeck mountains!
Thank you for your visit on my blog. I am sorry to hear that you had computer problems - that's a very unpleasant thing. I hope we will soon see the next part of your trip!
I stayed in bed this weekend because I had caught a cold, so there was enough time for blogging - it is so time-consuming, but sometimes its necessary to blog excessively... I fear I am an addict...
I was so unhappy about winter, therefore I posted the spring flowers and the photos from the summer vacation. It made me feel much better :)
Have a pleasant week, dear Marina!

Tamara Jansen said...

Thank you so much for your kind words today, Marina! That was very sweet :) I hope that I never get tired of the beauty of life.