Sunday, January 11, 2009

The first days of the New Year - Part One...

Ow, what a mess!!! How will I put my house in order again? I hadn't realized that I had so many ornaments until I had to put them again in boxes.


Anyway I've almost finished, that's why I've sat down for a few minutes (I hope it won't be hours because as soon as I sit down on this chair and I blog, I forget about everything...).
These days passed so quickly...especially the days after New Year's Eve...

*
New Year's Eve was a very busy day: my father went his car to the mechanic because it had an engine problem and I had to do all my parents' jobs . I returned home at 3 pm and I found my hubby cooking for the first time in his life: spaggetti with cheese.

A present was waiting for me in the mail box. It was from my blogging friend Aya from Japan. I was very pleased to see that she had written me some very sweet words with the presents she sent to us all.


(I'm very glad that in the last few months I'm blogging I have met some great people who deserve to be my friends because of their pure hearts, things so rare these days.)

Then I cooked a cheese pie for my sister's New Year's Eve party. I made a profiterole for desert, too. Last but not least I made our Santa Claus' pie.

The party was great but I won't tell you much about it, except that I won the coin at my sister's Santa Claus' pie.


If you're interested to know what happened at that party visit my sister's blog at http://antigonisdiary.blogspot.com.

*
The first day of the year find me very tensed. I had to prepare our suitcases for a five days trip to north Greece, at Zagoroxoria...But first we cut my family's Santa Claus' pie. Guess who found the coin...


Yes, you're right me again...This must be MY lucky year!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...

7 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, must be your lucky year, I suppose!
Have a great week, hugs, Maria

Tamara Jansen said...

Oh, I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Don't forget to post pictures :)

Louise said...

What a lucky girl!

antigoni said...

I hope you have a great year sis. I can't wait for the next post!

Maria Verivaki said...

you are a lucky woman, and I'm glad that this is going to be the year of MARINA!!!

Anette said...

It will probably be a wonderful year for you Marina! Don't you find that you have more space after putting away all the Christmas stuff! I like that!

ayamlin said...

Hi marina!
Thank you for posting my small presents on your blog!
it's my honor!!
what a happy person I am!
Because I met such a wonderful woman in Greece!
Thank you marina!
and please get along with me ever after:)