Sunday, January 18, 2009

The first days of the New Year - Part Three...


##$%^*!@&))+(%$#@^%^&_)+)*&$%##
...those are my nerves about my internet connection...
*
...Back to my story...
Our first day at Tsepelovo (a village on the Pindos mountain) started with a full breakfast! Our apartment was great.


I opened the curtains waiting to see the snow...Instead of it there was fog and rain! It was raining heavily from the first day we arrived since... the last night!

We could see the snow at the top of the mountain and so we decided to go and found it! Yes, we were after it! LOL!!!
Finally we found it! It was little and dirty but we managed to play with the snow.


Our shocks were so wet that we put them on the heat of the car to dry them!


Tsepelovo, our company of nineteen people stayed at, was a tipical Epirotic one: with houses with stoned roof and walls. They have much of that stone there.


We visited many amazing places like
traditional and old bridges...


the canyon of Vikos...

the river of Voidomatis (means bull's eye) famous for its canoe kayac races ...


Ali Pasa's house (I'll narrate his story some day)
in the middle of the lake of Ioannina...



the cave of Ioannina which is rich of stalactites and stalagmites...


and last but not least the museum of Vrelli's Greek History Wax Museum...


I'll finish my narration with a video of my little one, who skated for the first time in her life! Despite her three purlers, she had a very good time!

7 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

What an AMAZING place! I was wondering why you hadn't posted more pics of your vacation but now I understand......rotten internet connection :)

By the way, I didn't buy the dress because the Big Guy wasn't convinced. I love it when he's convinced!

Anette said...

I would have loved to see those bridges! They look great. I was waiting for part three, isn't it annoying when you can't get online when you're used to do it regularely!

Maria Verivaki said...

fantastic! this just HAS to be my next holiday
beautiful photos, thanks for the trip

antigoni said...

As much as i see your photos, so much i regret that we didn't come along to this place. Great video and photos. Did Alexandra know that you put them in your blog?

Maria said...

What a wonderful place! I love the old bridge and the canyon best, and you also had snow in Tsepelovo! And your funny video with your daughter skating on the ice! What fun you had :) What a beautiful time!

DeniseinVA said...

Such a fun trip, photos and videos were fantastic. Thank you for taking us along. Sorry to hear about your virus, I think many of us have had to deal with such things and it is horrible. Glad you're back and I have enjoyed catching up on your blog.

Cezar and Léia said...

wow C`est magnifique! Wonderful pictures indeed!Congratulations your blog is really cool!By the way I have one Marina here as well!Marina is my daughter.She is 15 years old!I do love your name!
Kind regards,
Léia :-)